Monday, May 9, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

For Cinco De Mayo I celebrated my friend's daughter's 2nd birthday 
and it was quite the FIESTA!
Alaina (mother of the birthday girl) asked me to make cupcakes 
for the occasion and I gladly obliged.
I decided on Mexican Chocolate Surprise cupcakes.
I baked basic chocolate cupcakes and made Mexican chocolate frosting
What's the surprise you ask? A mini Reese's in the cupcake!
 
 A friend of mine gave me some vanilla from Mexico.... AMAZING!!!
I made the toppers from tissue pom stickes by Martha Stewart 
(they carry her crafts at Joann's now... AHHH!!!).
And then.... because I'm crazy.... I purchased this can at the Dollar Tree 
because I'm in LOVE with the colors AND
I wanted to take pictures of the cupcakes on the can and 
I LOVE them!!! 

Photos by Elisha Guido

Linked here-
Tip
Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. yes, you are crazy......but you come by it honestly and I love you for that. You make your momma proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i would have totally did the same thing with the can! Is the vanilla pure extract?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh - thanks for the tip abotu JoAnne's and Martha Stewart Crafts. I need to go there now.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny enough, el pato is my family's staple. It is our favorite hot sauce and we use it for anything and everything!! love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Comments....