Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My "Go-To" Cookie

I LOVE trying new recipes, but sometimes I need a familiar and safe recipe... a "go-to".

 Last night my roomie and I made some treats for our neighbors and as I was deciding what to bake I thought of 
Kitchen Sink Cookies by Martha Stewart....
my "go-to" cookie recipe. 

We baked them, they were delish and today my "go-to" cookies and I had a photo-shoot in the snow. 
HA! 

Here's the recipie and some pictures.  



Ingredients

Makes 4 about 4 dozen
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
  3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into butter mixture until well blended. Add oats, chips, coconut, raisins, and walnuts, and stir until well blended.
  4. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons or with a 1 ounce ice-cream scoop onto silpat about 2 inches apart. Press tops down with the bottom of a glass to flatten cookies evenly. Bake until golden, about 16 to 18 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan, and finish cooling completely on wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Yum-o!! These look and sound delish!! Love the photo sesh in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photos :) Love your cake stand!!! I REALLY want one with a scalloped edge! I'm gonna make these cookies this weekend! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments....