Thursday, May 6, 2010

tea time

My dear friend Elisha turned 21 at the end of April and we threw her a fun tea party!

Elisha requested spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I am pretty particular about my cupcakes and especially frosting. I rarely like the frostings I make; however, I love this recipe! My friend Chrissy emailed it to me a while ago and it's super simple.

The best Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat 8 oz. cold cream cheese (not rock solid, but it means you can use it straight out of the refrigerator) with 5 Tbsp. softened butter and 2 tsp. vanilla until combined. Gradually add 2 c. powdered sugar that has been sifted after measuring. Continue to add more sifted powdered sugar until you reach a consistency and sweetness that fits your taste.


Liv looking cute in my hat.

Some of my favorite details of the day were the lovely lanterns hanging from above and on the mantle (I LOVE lanterns) and the fabulous fabric I found for the table. I really like the idea of having fabrics as a splash of color or design to help tie the theme together. I also love that I don't need to spend a ton on fabric. I only purchased 2 yards here and I feel it looks great.

Happy 21st Birthday Elisha!

We also placed hats on the kitchen table for anyone who didn't have one (yes, I put out an Angels hat just for fun).

I was so excited to finally throw a party with place settings (I don't know why, but I was).

We had a spot for gals to get their tea and lemon/orange water or lemonade.


Cupcake tower! I love this idea to make the birthday girl's cupcake a little more special.

Elisha using her elbow to take a picture with her iphone because she didn't want to take her gloves off, silly girl.

So many lovely ladies.

Party planning committee with the birthday girl.

It was a great party and I was really pleased with how everything turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that's why I like her book so much! (I don't read or buy only vegan cookbooks. If a recipe interests me enough, I can usually make it vegan!) healthy tea melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Comments....